2018 Spring programming
registration IS NOW OPEN!
time to Register your child in The First Tee of Greater Ocala Program that beginning the week of February 5, 2018.
The 2018 Registration process will be…
$25.00 Registration for each child. Each child will receive a “Greg Norman” The Tee of Greater Ocala Golf Shirt. Plus some additional The First Tee logo’d items that they will be learning with in the programming sessions.
Actually programming will begin during the week of February 5th, 2018 and will continue for 10 weeks. The cost of 10 weeks of programming will be $100.00 per player For “PLAYER, PAR and BIRDIE CLASSES. $75 for THE PEE-WEE CLASSES.
We have scholarships available. You will find that specific question in the sign up form below.
Classes will be limited to the first 16 young people signed up for each location. We will have on line “Parent Orientation, prior to the opening day of programming.
We will confirm with you that your registration has be submitted. We will be sending an notice about paying for the classes, but it is our intent to allow you to pay for the class and registration on the first day of class by check or cash.
ADVANCING THROUGH THE PROGRAM
From age 5 through 17, youth progress through different levels by demonstrating The First Tee Nine Core Values, life and golf skills as well as passing an assessment. All participants regardless of age start at the PLAYer level. The pinnacle of The First Tee is completing Ace.
- Pee-Wee (Minimum 5 years old – up to 7 years old)
- PLAYer (required minimum age 7) – Tee up for the first time and learn the game of golf and The First Tee’s Code of Conduct.
- Par (recommended minimum age 9) – Focus on interpersonal and self-management skills on and off the course.
- Birdie (recommended minimum age 11) – Emphasis on setting goals and making them a reality.
- Eagle (recommended minimum age13) – Learn resilience, conflict resolution, and future planning.
- Ace (required minimum age 14 or entering 9th grade) – Put it all together and hone in on setting goals, career education, and giving back to the community.
Ask us about scholarships for financial need.
MARION COUNTY PROGRAMMING
MONDAY – Beginning February 5th
Ocala Golf Club
Pee Wee 3:30 p to 4:00 PM
PLAYer 4:15 to 5:30 PM
TUESDAY – Beginning February 6th
Ocala Golf Club PAR 4:00 to 5:15 PM
Ocala National Golf Club PLAYer 4:15 to 5:30 P
WEDNESDAY – Beginning JANUARY 31st
Candler Hills Golf Club LPGA Girls Golf
– With Denise Mullen’s Schedule
Classes will start at 4:15 to 5:30 PM
This class begin a week earlier to accommodate the Ocala Open at Candler Hills
THURSDAY – Beginning February 7th
Stone Creek Country Club
Eagle Ridge Golf Course PLAYer 4:15 to 5:30 PM
Ocala Golf Club Birdie Class 4:15 to 5:30 PM
SATURDAY – Beginning FEBRUARY 10th
Pine Oak Golf Course
Pee Wee Class 8:15 to 8:45 AM
PLAYer 9:15 to 10:30 AM
PAR 11:00 AM to 12:15 PM
Silver Spring Shores Golf Course
Pee Wee Class 8:30 to 9:00 AM
PLAYer 9:15 to 10:30 AM